Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Penny Stock Picks – Are You a Penny Stock Chaser or Are You Ahead of the Crowd?

Penny stocks are controversial and mysterious. Hot penny stocks have turned average Joes into millionaires, but the truth is it is ALL about timing. Penny stock alerts light the way.

I used to be a penny stock chaser. I’d see a penny stock that had run from 10 cents to a dollar and I would buy it. It seemed like any penny stock that was making huge moves like that must be a sure thing. Unfortunately, most of the time I would lose money. Why?

After a lot of very expensive lessons, I learned that hot penny stocks usually cool off. What comes up, must come down. I have seen certain penny stocks continue to go up and up and up for a very long time, however those are very rare. I finally learned that when good penny stock picks get sent to me, I should buy them, hold them until they go up, and then sell them. To hold them too long usually translates into a 50-100% gain turning into a 50-80% loss.

Sometimes penny stock alerts get emailed to me, and instead of buying them and holding them for weeks or months, now I buy them right away and only hold them for anywhere from a few minutes to a few days. As soon as I have a gain of 20-100% I cash in the chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment